Discover How To Become
A Hard Target For Crime
Play the Video Below to Learn More About
Our Personal Safety and Self-Defense Seminar
Are You The Type Of "Easy Target"
That Many Criminals Look For?
According to information provided by Statistics Canada in 2009, about 7.4 million Canadians (or just over one-quarter of the population aged 15 years and older) reported being a victim of a crime within the past year.
Of the crimes that were reported, 70% were property related (i.e. theft and break-ins) while 30% were violent (i.e. assaults and robberies). However, the victimization rates in 2009 were high in Western Canada compared to Eastern provinces relative to population size.
Being the victim of a crime can be a very traumatic experience, but there are strategies you can use to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim yourself.
If you’d like to learn how to make your loved ones and yourself harder targets for crime, then we have just the solution you were looking for.
Who Are The Individuals
Providing This Training?
The Hard Target team is comprised of amazing volunteers who give up their time to provide personal safety and crime prevention tactics to individuals interested in reducing their likelihood of becoming victims of crime.
Since 2010 our team has helped to train, educate, and empower over 1,000 individuals in what they need to know and do in order to help themselves and their loved ones make better decisions when it comes to their personal safety.
Hard Target Has Helped to Raise
Over $20,000 for Local Charities
To make our Hard Target sessions even better, we have turned them in to a fundraising opportunity to help support our local Edmonton charities at the same time that we help you and your family.
Since making this change we’ve helped raise over $20,000 for great causes in the process of helping participants become harder targets for crime.
Here's How You and Your Family Benefit
By Attending One of Our Training Seminars
Hard Target is a daylong personal safety seminar where we take the most proven and effective strategies for reducing the chance of someone becoming the victim of a crime, and combine them with strategies for getting out of a physical situation should you find yourself in one.
We can't teach the average person how to punch someone properly in just a few hours, so this training revolves around the use of leverage instead of pain compliance.
Here is just a sample of what will be revealed:
- A powerful stunning technique that individuals of any age and size can use to give them time to escape a violent situation
- Why leaving your registration and insurance documents inside your vehicle could be an extremely costly mistake (you won't believe what criminals have been doing now!)
- A counter-move to quickly make (if someone grabs you while you are walking past them) that gives you time to react to whatever comes next
- 3 things that criminals looks for when commiting a crime and how to use them to your advantage
- Why you should never yell, "FIRE!" if you're in danger, and what to do instead to get an INSTANT response
- What you must ALWAYS keep in mind when encountering aggressive panhandlers and how to handle them effectively
- Why criminals often target individuals waiting for public transit and what you can do to keep yourself safe
- Why "all valuables removed" placards in vehicle windows may not be as effective as you think
- How owning a garage can make you a more desirable target for crime and what criminals will watch for
- What you MUST avoid doing if you go for runs or walks on your own (and No, the time of day is NOT a factor in how safe you are)
- and much, Much, More
But Is Hard Target Right For You?
- If you would like to learn how to reduce the likelihood of you or someone you care about becoming the victim of crime, then this training is for you.
- If you (or any of your family members) live or work in an area that you believe to be concerning or a frequent spot for crime and disorder, then this training is for you.
- If you’d like to feel more confident when in public, going about your daily activities, and want to know some basic techniques and simple strategies you can utilize in case you were to get in to a bad situation, then this training is for you.
- Or if you would just like to further your knowledge of personal safety and crime prevention, while also helping a great cause, then this training is definitely for you.